Knee pain can hamper your day-to-day activity, people as they gradually grow old tend to see this issue a lot more. apart from old age, knee fractures or bone fractures can be caused by an injury or trauma that could be very harmful and would require surgery to decrease or minimize the pain.
Most patients undergo Knee Replacement in Ludhiana after the non-operative medication has failed to give the required relief. Knee replacement is a surgical method that helps patients to improve their lives and have a pain-free joint.
In general, knee replacement surgery has been seen to be quite successful. So do not worry and visit your Orthopaedic Hospital in Ludhiana and get that knee replacement that you wanted to get but are scared of the consequences. It is quite difficult to complete a task in your life with the pain and swelling on the area of the knee, the movements are stiffer hence proving to be a hurdle.
Not anymore with the help of experts and surgeons you will be getting proper medication and surgical treatment.
Types Of Knee Replacement
There are specifically two knees preplacement:
- Total Knee Replacement: In this traditional surgery, the invasion of 7-8 inches of incision is involved, and the patient is required to recover with a cane or walker for at least 1-3 months. Most patients are happy with this surgery and it has a great success rate.
- Partial Knee Replacement: An only a minority of the patient is a good candidate for this less invasive surgery.
Most common symptoms of Knee Arthritis:
- In most patients, pain in the area of the knee is most commonly seen. Sometimes the pain is so unbearable that the activities to be done become a difficult task.
- Swelling can also be a symptom for most patients, with extreme swelling and warmth on the area, the pain gradually increases.
- Stiffness is also present in some arthritis, the flexibility of the joint decreases due to immobility.
Treatment for Knee Arthritis
- Medication is the first step towards relief from the pain in the joint, visit your doctor to understand the issue and take prescribed medication that would be advised by the experts to you. It is mostly done in non-inflammatory arthritis, which can be cured with the help of medication.
- The second option for the treatment of knee arthritis is daily exercise, the movement of the joint is very important especially if you feel stiffness in the joint and is losing flexibility. Though patients who have suffered from severe injury might need the guidance of experts.
- The third and very effective method is the process of surgery, with the help of a less invasive technique, the surgeon can replace your knee with prosthetics or artificial implants.
Where to get your treatment done?
Trusting your doctors with your injuries can be hard, so choosing one wisely is important. Hunjan Hospital, an Orthopaedic Hospital can be the answer to your problems.